When I was a kid I used to constantly make these. I would fill up all available cups with just plain old water and stick them in the freezer with a popsicle stick sticking sideways out of the cup. Weeks would go by and the freezer would be filled with my little inventions. I never ate them but I had plenty of joy in making my ‘popsicles’.
Now that I’m older, I realize that my ‘popsicles’ we’re really just ice on a stick. However, these icy treats that 4 year old me invented led me to create these, more flavorful popsicles. Don’t worry they aren’t just ice anymore. As a bonus they’re super festive for the 4th of July which is fast approaching!
- 1/4 cup Raspberries
- 1/4 cup Blackberries or Blueberries
- 1/4 cup Coconut water or Lemonade or Water
- Popsicle sticks
- Dixie Cups
- Begin by cutting up the berries. There are two ways to cut them. If you want a more flavorful popsicle dice the berries was well as you can. It is okay if they turn out somewhat puréed looking. The second way you can cut them is into halves if you desire a less intense berry flavor.
- Place the blackberries inside the bottom of the Dixie cup until a even layer is formed.
- Stick the popsicle stick in the middle of the cup and surround it with the raspberries.
- Lastly pour the liquid of your choice into the cup until it is a centimeter away from the top.
- Place in the freezer for two hours or until solid.
If you have extra berries you can make regular ice cubes like these:
Placing these ice cubes in regular water creates a cool and tasty berry water. It’s really refreshing as are these popsicles. Have a Happy 4th of July!