That’s right, it’s this little pup‘s adoptiversary today. One year ago today she joined my life and now, I can’t imagine life any other way.
She’s the best and always makes sure to clean up all the scraps of food that I may or may not purposely drop on the floor for her. But I mean, come on, how could you resist this cute little face?
Since it’s been an official year with Hazel, I decided that she was in need of a special treat- more specifically, a pupcake. After doing a little bit of research as to find out what ingredients were okay and which were not, I came up with this little recipe incorporating all of her favorite human foods. I hope your pup enjoys it as much as she did!
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 1 small carrot grated (roughly a 1/4 cup of grated carrot)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter + 2 tablespoons more for frosting
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of chopped greens (broccoli, string beans, etc)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with two muffin liners and set aside.
- Combine the flour and oats in a small bowl and mix together.
- Add the carrot, 1 tablespoon peanut butter, egg, and greens and mix until combine. Make sure that the peanut butter is fully incorporated, I like to microwave mine for a couple of seconds before adding it in so that it will soften a bit and mix easier.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the two prepared liners.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes until the muffins appear set. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Place the remaining peanut butter into a piping bag and pipe it on top. Again, I like to place mine in the microwave for a couple seconds just to soften it up. Once you’ve piped the peanut butter on top you’re done! Make sure to supervise your dog while they eat it just in case. I only let Hazel eat about half of a pupcake because she’s a smaller dog and too much peanut butter isn’t the best for them!
I hope your pup has a happy day for whatever you guys are celebrating wether it be a birthday, an adoptiversary, or maybe just having them in your life!