I know, I know mangos and quinoa? How does that go together? Well it doesn’t really, but I don’t care. I love mangos and I love quinoa and this morning I wanted both quinoa and mangos, so please forgive my odd choice of breakfast.
This recipe however, is not odd at all. If you make just the quinoa, (and leave out the mangos if you have some unreasonable bias against them) then your tastebuds will be in breakfast heaven. Quinoa is like a 10 times healthier version of oatmeal. Well maybe not 10 times, but it’s definitely healthier. Quinoa is just packed with omegas and protein and tastes oh so good.
I know that I say that almost every recipe is simple to make, but this one really is. All you have to do is pour some ingredients in a pot and let it cook. That’s it! How hard could that be?
I don’t know about you guys, but this recipe is now one of my healthy breakfast favorites. The perfect way to kickstart my day!
- 1/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut sugar (optional)
- 1 cinnamon stick (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of each topping of your choice
- Pour the quinoa, almond milk, cinnamon (if using), and coconut sugar (if using) into a small saucepan over low heat.
- Allow to come to a low simmer and then cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Pour the cooked quinoa into a bowl and top with your favorite toppings. I put raisins and pecans on mine, but this recipe works with just about any toppings.