Before you get all mad at me for being gone for almost a month (I know, I know, I’m so sorry), just look at these brownies. If you’re still mad, keep looking until you aren’t anymore. I mean, we’ve got tons of more important things to talk about then me being gone for a month (yikes, again I’m sorry), firstly brownies, and secondly- um did you read that last word? BROWNIES!
So yep, I’m jumping on the black bean in brownies wagon. I mean, why not? They’re brownies- but with tons of protein, so they’re basically an expectable lunch, right?
Per usual, these delicious bites of heaven are vegan, as well as mouth watering. They’re packed with protein and are only 55 calories per square. If that’s not a major win, I don’t know what is.
Black Bean Brownies
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1 flaxegg (1 tablespoon flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 8 by 8″ pan and set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor blend the black beans, flaxegg, sugar, melted chocolate chips, and vanilla until mixed. It’s okay if it looks like there are a few black bean chunks. The mixture should somewhat resemble refried beans.
- Add the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, and salt to the blended bean mixture and pulse until combined to form a batter.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 8-12 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of the pan comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before cutting and enjoying